 Star Wars / 5421
Re: missing boba fett
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 17:47:46 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
James Beerman wrote:

I've been trying to find the slave-1 for a while now.  To my suprise, I
found one at target last night.  The box had been opened, but it still had
the plastic bags, so I didn't worry much about it.  When I got home, I found
one bag had been opened, and boba fett had been taken out.  Everything else
was there.  What are my options now?  Take it back, get a replacement from
lego, or just live with it?

No way! Considering the Slave 1 seems to be rare, I would return it, or
to talk to a manager and see if you can get a discount. If the box is
open, I don't buy it! (Unless discounted a good deal, I might add!

The "good Jeff" says:

Don't return it!  Unless you just can't live without Bobe Fett for
a few weeks.  Call LEGO Consumer Affairs and ask them to replace it.
They will.

The "bad Jeff" says:

You expected to have a complete set when you bought it, and you
paid full price, so it would be within your rights to take the set
back and get the instant gratification of getting a complete set,
rather than waiting for LEGO to send you replacement parts.

The "Good Jeff" says:

It's a shame to saddle the store with an open set with missing
pieces.  It's not their fault, really, that some nasty little thief
opened the set up and took the Boba Fett.

The "Bad Jeff" says:

Hey, they might put the set on clearance since it's been opened.
You might then get to buy it again more cheaply!

THe "Good Jeff" says:

If that's your goal, you should go to the manager and just ask
for a partial refund.  If he refuses, you could then demand
to replace the set.

The "Bad Jeff" says:  Sounds like a plan.

"Good Jeff":  Yeah.  But I'd call LEGO and ask for a replacement on the parts.
That's what I did when the Deep Freeze Defender I bought was
missing the space babe.

"Bad Jeff":  Yes, but you also returned an aquashark set to Walmart
because it had been opened and some of the pieces were broken.

"Good Jeff":  Oh, great, I did.  You're right.  Yeah, but I was really
disappointed that the pieces were broken, and it was clearly the
Store's fault for taking the set as a return and putting it back
on the shelf at full price ....

"Bad Jeff":  Stop rationalizing.

"Good Jeff":  OK.  So, either plan would work.  Call Consumer Affairs and
get a replacement, or take the set back to the return desk.  Your call,
guy.

--

jthompson@esker.com  "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"