 Star Wars / 4402
Re: Shoddy MF
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 16:44:27 GMT

On 11/10/1999, at 9:45 AM, John VanZwieten wrote:
Dennett <dennett@agate.net> wrote in message
Actually, it is possible. I build 6-wide fire trucks, also the 6-wide
hummer I
posted to cad.dat.models a while back seats two across. Both figs will • fit

in the area if they are sitting on tiles and the outsides are 2x2x1
panels.
Since you use Ldraw, check out the model, build a mock up of the cab • and
see for yourself. It is possible

So they are just thrown in sitting on tiles?  Not attatched to a stud? • What
about seats?

Yeh, I learned the technique from Jeff Christner, "the Father of Six Wide
Fire Trucks". They just sit there on a flat surface. The only way you can
use seats and have it be 6W is if you do what TLG did on the Landspeeder,
but as has been pointed out, the arms are not inside that thin wall. My
guess
is that the Flash Speeder is done this way also.

Your fire trucks probably don't invert very often :-)

Well, no, but even when there is some maniac driver driving a grey BMW
who decides that he wants to wreck his car and flip a fire truck the figs
stay pretty much in the same spot because they are so close together
and the cab roof is directly above their heads. But where the Falcon has
an enclosed cockpit, this really shouldn't be a problem.

Ryan
ps If there is anything else I didn't explain, just ask me and you shall
receive.

-John Van