 Star Wars / 4401
Re: Shoddy MF
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:44:50 GMT

Dennett <dennett@agate.net> wrote in message
news:199911091805240490.006EEF8E@agate.net...
On 11/09/1999, at 5:10 PM, John VanZwieten wrote:
Lorbaat <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message
I think the thing I'm *happiest* about with it is the cockpit.  It's a • very
nice canopy piece, and I can already see other uses for it.  It looks • to me
like whether the LEGO model seat two abreast or not, it can be made to.
Probably even four, two by two.

I've been trying to figure this one out.  Is it really possible to put 2
minifigs inside a space only 6 studs across?  I know the landspeeder puts • two
passengers side by side, but don't their hands overlap the side thinwall
pieces?  In a quick test wit a couple of minifigs, sitting side by side • they
span 6 complete studs between the outside hands--no room for the cockpit
walls.  In any case, the printing on this piece could much better model • the
MF.

Actually, it is possible. I build 6-wide fire trucks, also the 6-wide
hummer I
posted to cad.dat.models a while back seats two across. Both figs will fit

in the area if they are sitting on tiles and the outsides are 2x2x1
panels.
Since you use Ldraw, check out the model, build a mock up of the cab and
see for yourself. It is possible

So they are just thrown in sitting on tiles?  Not attatched to a stud?  What
about seats?

Your fire trucks probably don't invert very often :-)

-John Van