 Star Wars / 4403
Re: What is pictured in the inset by the MF on page 8?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 19:19:27 GMT

Mr L F Braun wrote:
Then I'm probably a killjoy:  What about the possibility of it being a *hand* shown
lowering the gangplank...you know, a "you can do this with your hand" thing?  (And
does this mean that we won't have retractable landing gear AGAIN?)
Are you expecting retractable landing gear in this set?  Has any System
or LEGOLand set had this?  (That's a real question...  I've never seen
one, but there might have been for all I know)  Personally, I wasn't,
because I havn't seen precidence for it...  given the size, there might,
but whatever that little picture shows is huge, and would take up a lot
of space for the gear to go.  I'm still expecting no gear...  and I'll
have to look at it again, but I don't think it's a hand...  no, not a
hand, no wrist and it's blue and grey.  Looks like a ship of some kind.
Hmmm...  and the thing haning off the Falcon *might* be landing gear now
that I look at it.  Oh, well, I'll find out soon enough when I get my
own catalog (however long that might take).  I expect the 7191 X-Wing
"Model Team" (it's not Modem Team line, it's "Ultimate Collector's
Series") will have retractable gear, though.
jmbrown@mines.edu
http://www.pcisys.net/~jmbrown/