 Star Wars / 3731
Re: New Star Wars Stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 20:46:10 GMT

Christopher Tracey <ctracey@usgs.gov> wrote in message
news:37FCA7F0.EDD9A5C1@usgs.gov...

Paul Mison wrote:

Kya Morden wrote:

In case you missed it on RTL you can find a picture of a new
flyer/catalogue at http://www.rebelscum.com/toys/lego2000.jpg which

[added lugnet.starwars] And Lego's Millennium Falcon, albeit in shadow.
And who is it underneath Luke's lightsabre? Uncle Owen? There don't seem
to be any new E1 sets, as rumoured.

:: paul

The minifig under the lightsaber appears to be Han Solo.  I'm really amazed • by
these
sets, even with the small size of the pictures.
<speculation>
The Falcon seems pretty hefty.  The front mandibles look to be the new • x-wing
style wings with about two rows of bricks inbetween.  That would make the • front
flat surface of the mandibles three studs each, with what looks to be 6 • studs
inbetween.  That would make the frontmost portion of the falcon 12 studs • wide.
It looks like there are two sets of these wings in a line to make up the • front
angle of the falcon.  THis could make the length to the center of the saucer
section anywhere from 19 to 24 studs depending if the overlap the plates. • If it
was 19 studs long I guess the saucer would be 24 studs wide(is that the size • of
one of the UFO body pieces?).
</speculation>
Of course, looking at these dimensions I came up with it wouldn't be that • much
bigger the x-wing.  So I am probably wrong.  Anyone else have any • impressions of
its size?

More speculation:
Where's the other half of the radar dish?  And what's that gray stuff below
the 'A' in Falcon?  Maybe there's an open hatch being shown there which hides
half the radar.
The hull doesn't look to me like it's made with the UFO hull pieces.
The radar looks webbed to me, which would make it 6x6.  And the cockpit looks
like it is about the same size as the radar dish, making it 6 studs wide,
which may indicate only one pilot (though it's theoretically possible to fit 2
side by side w/in 6 studs like the landspeeder.)
I'm guessing about 24 studs across for the saucer.

Sure would be nice to have a better picture. . .  But then again it's fun to
speculate :)

-John Van