 General / 8430
Re: New Star Wars Stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 17:59:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kya Morden writes:
In case you missed it on RTL you can find a picture of a new
flyer/catalogue at http://www.rebelscum.com/toys/lego2000.jpg which
has a picture of minifigs of Han and Boba Fett as well as a B-wing.

Kya

Rebelscum added some enlargements:
< http://www.rebelscum.com/toys/legobwing.jpg >
< http://www.rebelscum.com/toys/legohan.jpg >
< http://www.rebelscum.com/toys/legoboba.jpg >

My thoughts:
- Han's parts will really work well as 'generic' minifig parts, in my
collection at least.

- Boba Fett's helmet is pretty cool, and he has a new backpack!  Yay!!

- I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I'm disapointed by the B-wing.
I think mine is at least ten times better.  My reasons:
  A.  TLG's one is too small (I think)
  B.  The gunpod on the end of the main wing is terrible!  There is no pod!
  C.  The secondary wing emplacements are too large, and they're ugly!
On the other hand, it looks like it'll have good parts (Trans-Dark Gray A-wing
canopy!!  WooHoo!).  The minifig could be cool, too.

Jeff
"Sheena, get in the glowing green square."