 Star Wars / 3724
Re: New Star Wars Stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 16:12:48 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.starwars, David Eaton writes:

The WIERD thing is that 2 of vehicles are actually BIGGER than they 'should'
be: the snowspeeder and the speeder bikes...

From what I can tell, the Gungan Sub is *WAY* bigger than it "should" be.

I don't think I would say that.  The Gungan Sub is terribly misconfigured as to
the version in the Movie which had all 3 characters in one compartment with 2
"Cargo compartments" on either side.  I personally think that this model was
the 2nd worst of all the models next to the Infiltrator.  Don't get me wrong
however, both sets are great for parts and still better than most sets TLG has
been putting out lately.

I think one of the problems with the EP1 vehicles is that they are very "sleek"
and "organic" compared to the classic vehicles.  These shapes and curves are
much harder to model in LEGO than the more rough and hard lines of the classic
vehicles.

Eric K.

Remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail

The New Engand LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/