 Star Wars / 3717
Re: New Star Wars Stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 15:24:41 GMT

Christopher Tracey <ctracey@usgs.gov> writes:

Of course, looking at these dimensions I came up with it wouldn't be that much
bigger the x-wing.  So I am probably wrong.

I wouldn't say that.  If TLG was to produce the Millenium Falcon in it's
proper size, it would be a far too large set to sell.  (Ok, so I know
that a lot of people around here would buy it, but for most kids it
would be too large.)

LEGO usually compress large models and make them smaller.  As an
example, consider the minifig scale versions of the space shuttle, or
even some of the passenger jets.  They are consistently around four
studs wide, i.e., as wide as a normal LEGO car:

So I woundn't be surprised if your size assesment of the Millenium
Falcon is fairly correct.

Fredrik