 Star Wars / 3676
  The beginings of my modular Star Wars base.

Here is a link to some pictures I have taken of the initial stages of the construction of what I plan on being a large modular layout of a Star Wars Rebel Base. Much of my Ideas are still fermenting in my head but I plan on this base houseing a (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Re: The beginings of my modular Star Wars base.

(...) Woohoo! Lots of grey! (...) Hmm.... I might take you up on that... However with most of my grey bricks being in use ATM in my AT-AT, I may be short to make a fully fledged interior module. However, I have plenty of extra grey burps, and enough (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The beginings of my modular Star Wars base.

(...) --snippage-- (...) I like the bay portal/door and the way you have the B-wings stationed (nice photography, too). Keep up the good work! ..joseph g (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The beginings of my modular Star Wars base.

<snip> (...) Finally!!! It has been a long time in comming I just wish I had started ordering from S@H earlier. (I also wish there were more 1xX bricks in the Service packs) (...) this (...) That would be fine. A lot of the detail is going to be (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The beginings of my modular Star Wars base.

(...) Maintenance sled? (...) Yeah, it doesn't HAVE to be Hoth, just thought it might be more recognizeable, what with an AT-AT (or AT-ATs? Shaun? :) ) approaching the base... But we could also go for a more earthy tone too-- I could try and work in (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The beginings of my modular Star Wars base.

<snip> (...) This is something that would hold a B-Wing while on the Hanger Floor while major repairs were being done. It would also have repulsor lift capability so that mainenance crews could move the B-Wing to another area of the Hanger. <snip> (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The beginings of my modular Star Wars base.

Eric, What a great job. I love the realism (I.E. Steps, and so forth.) I am building several more realistic models of my own, your a great inspiration! Good luck, it looks great so far. Scott S. P.S. They have gray service packs now? (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: The beginings of my modular Star Wars base.

(...) building (...) Thanks very much. (...) They do in the U.S. I don't know about anywhere else. Eric Remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail. The New England LEGO Users Group (URL)-- (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: The beginings of my modular Star Wars base.

(...) Yeah, actually, they've had 'em for a while! (in the US at any rate) According to the DB, there's a gray brick service pack that dates back to 1986 (or earlier!) DaveE (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: The beginings of my modular Star Wars base.

(...) Yup. 5145 Grey Bricks Pack, 68 pieces, $7.25 (Canadian). I've got a couple. (hundred) :) To be more precise, they have these in the US/Canada service line, but apparantly not in the European. I'm not certain about the other markets, but (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: The beginings of my modular Star Wars base.

James, Thanks, I never saw those before. I usually look at the pages, 26 in the current catalog, but I never buy bricks like that, I always bought the buckets or whatever. Hmmm.... 5.50 US, gray, hmmm..... :) Scott S. (...) Scott E. Sanburn CADD (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: The beginings of my modular Star Wars base.

(...) the (...) have (...) but I (...) of this (...) bricks (...) interior (...) to (...) and (...) display, (...) in (...) Hmm, if there's going to be a SW base w/ AT-ATs and other ships, I might just have to try to talk my parents into going :) (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The beginings of my modular Star Wars base.

Hey All, Sorry it took me so long to respond (esp. to Eric, who sent me an e-mail last week which I never replied to - oops!). I love the idea of some sort of accumulated collage. Hopefully hopefully hopefully my AT-AT will be all set within the (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The beginings of my modular Star Wars base.

(...) Cool! The AT-ST would look great alongside the AT-AT's! (...) Hmm.... I think maybe I'll invest in a bunch of Naboo Swamps-- they've got a bunch of brown pieces for color-- and even some green! We can also maybe grab some brown baseplates from (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The beginings of my modular Star Wars base.

Very stunning models. Nice work. However your pages load painfully slow. Excruciatingly slow, even. I believe you have made the same error that Paul Foster did with his GMLTC thumbs. Here's a snippet of your source. <A (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.publish)

  Re: The beginings of my modular Star Wars base.

Thanks alot for the info Larry. Obviously I am more of an HTML newbie than I try and admit. I noticed the slow loading myself and plan on doing something about it. Unfortunately I had to go to Dallas for work and won't have time to do anything for a (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.publish)

  Re: The beginings of my modular Star Wars base.

Wow! This is sounding better all the time. I just wish we had a little more time before Mindfest. Oh well by the time Mindfest 2000 comes along this could be hugh if we continue working on it. <snip> (...) One thing I like about the Forest Idea is I (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The beginings of my modular Star Wars base.

(...) Yeah, kinda too bad we don't have more time... I don't think I'll keep mine up for too long after the event, tho... I've been on a castle theme kick for a while, but with most of my grey bricks used up in the AT-AT (and now the mountain too) (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The beginings of my modular Star Wars base.

That's right - the sailor/IrishPubCrawler cap, not the baseball hat, like the guy in this set has: (URL) Thanks be to Kevin Loch! The result is suuficiently Nazi-esque to really look like an Imperial Officer. I'll post pictures along with everything (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The beginings of my modular Star Wars base.

(...) OH! THOSE hats! ... ok... I don't think I've ever seen them in black before! I just have them in white, and I used to have 1 in red, I think... Are there any sets on the market now that have 'em in black? DaveE (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The beginings of my modular Star Wars base.

(...) Last time I looked, Big Lots still had several of the #6495 Time Tunnelator sets. The minifig in this set wears one of those hats. See it here: (URL) Roller (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Page Load time decreased ( was Re: The beginings of my modular Star Wars base.)

(...) <snip> Larry, Thanks again for your comments and advice. I have updated the pages by creating small copies of my pictures. They still are not real small but they are not just resized pics. I have also done a couple of other things to try and (...) (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Page Load time decreased ( was Re: The beginings of my modular Star Wars base.)

Only too glad to help. I just went to your page and it loaded at least 20 times faster. Unfortunately, I'm sitting on a T1 instead of dialup, so a lot of that 20X is due to faster connection speed! :-) I'll flush my cache and try again later. But I (...) (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.publish)