 Star Wars / 3682
Re: The beginings of my modular Star Wars base.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 15:31:47 GMT

<snip>

Maintenance sled?

This is something that would hold a B-Wing while on the Hanger Floor while
major repairs were being done.  It would also have repulsor lift capability so
that mainenance crews could move the B-Wing to another area of the Hanger.

<snip>

Yeah, it doesn't HAVE to be Hoth, just thought it might be more
recognizeable, what with an AT-AT (or AT-ATs? Shaun? :) ) approaching the
base... But we could also go for a more earthy tone too-- I could try and work
in some touches of brown and green...

As for the hanger, yeah, big is the way to go! Fit a whole squad of B-Wings • and
some other odds and ends (X-Wings, Y-Wings, Snowspeeders, etc.) The one thing
I'm thinking might be a problem for me is that I think I only have enough to • do
1 exterior section... MAYBE two... I'm just picturing kind of a T shaped base
with the base of the T being my exterior module and the other modules • extending
beyond it on both sides... That might look a little silly... Although, there's
no rule about lining them up all in a line with the exterior at the end
either... But if I do a Hoth scene with white snow, there's more of a chance I
could get two baseplates done (I've got much more white than brown & green)
Anyway, I'll take a look tonight and see roughly what I can squeeze out of my
remainging grey, white, brown, and green... I almost wonder if I have enough
tan to cover a good portion of a large baseplate (Tatooine!)... I could
probably use tan baseplates for the exterior parts... hmmm...
<does some calculations, returns to message>
I have exactly enough 16x32 tan baseplates to cover two 48x48 baseplates (9 of
'em)! So that's a possibility too...

Whatever you think you could do would be great.  Like I said I don't have any
Ideas "burned" into my head yet so I want to Experiment with as many ideas as
possible  :-).  The bigger and more diverse the better.  I also want to
document as much of this project as possible so that if in we are still doing
this in 6 months or a year or more we can look back at the pictures and say
"what were we thinking?" or "you know that really was a good idea lets go back
and revisit it".

I know that other groups have their train layouts and town layout etc. and they
are really cool and wouldn't mind doing that to but this is something different
and I want to see where we can take it both as part of NELUG and maybe to the
general LEGO community as well.

Eric

Remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail.

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/