 Star Wars / 3679
Re: The beginings of my modular Star Wars base.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 14:47:25 GMT

<snip>

Woohoo! Lots of grey!

Finally!!!  It has been a long time in comming I just wish I had started
ordering from S@H earlier.  (I also wish there were more 1xX bricks in the
Service packs)

My hope is to have 3 of these modules relatively complete in time for the
Mindfest event in order to display some of our non-Robotic projects.

If anyone is interested in building a module for this base let me know I have
started working on some standards for module connection and wall hieght but I
have not finalized anything yet.  I will however try and finalize some of • this
if there is interest.

Hmm.... I might take you up on that... However with most of my grey bricks
being in use ATM in my AT-AT, I may be short to make a fully fledged interior
module. However, I have plenty of extra grey burps, and enough extra grey to
fill in the gaps...

That would be fine.  A lot of the detail is going to be added over time and
inbetween service pack orders.  Currently I am trying to figure out this
Maintenance sled.  I think using Technic will give me the best look although I
unfortunatly don't have alot of Technic at the moment.

I could also throw in some touches of white for snow and
make it a Hoth base? That'd work nicely for adding the AT-AT to the display,
too (I have to get it in SOMEWHERE :) ) 'Course there weren't any B-Wings in
ESB... but I won't tell if you won't! Any thoughts?

Well I actually have a number of thoughts on all of this.

1.  It could be an Ice planet but it doesn't have to be Hoth.  I am really
looking to go "Freestyle" with this and use general ideas from the movies but
really go more to our own design and develope our own story set in the Star
Wars Universe but just not the known Star Wars Universe.

2.  They had AT-AT's at Endor you know :).  Not that I want to model Endor and
a bunch of over-stuffed teddy bears but there is no rule that AT-AT's only work
on snow.  (Although that is how most people think of them).

3.  Although my focal point is the B-Wing hanger I want the hanger to be big
enough for other fighters and small frieghters so we could have
SnowSpeeders/X-Wings etc on the floor as well.

Do you think this fits?  I definitely want to try and fit an AT-AT or two into
the scene.

Eric

Remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail.

The New England LEGO Users Group.
http://www.nelug.org/