 Star Wars / 2398
Re: Making new (Star Wars) parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 22 May 1999 03:06:45 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Tom Stangl writes:

Wait until you see the Pod RACE - the OTHER 2 pods have an amazing
selection of parts.  I truly wish they had made the Pod Race with ANY of
the other pods besides Anakin's, though.  There were so many other to
choose from.

I don't have a problem with them making Anakin's pod one of the three. I think
it's neat in it's own way (though not as big and showy as the other two) and it
definitely has a crucial part in that scene. The problem I have is with them
putting Anakin's pod in the pod race AND selling it seperately. If they were
going to sell it alone, they should have made the race smaller, or put a third,
different racer in with the other two. From a strictly sales POV, it would have
made more sense. For the little extra they would have spent on the packaging
and pieces, they would have made a lot more by people buying both sets!
-Jonathan