 Star Wars / 2395
Re: Making new (Star Wars) parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 21:18:30 GMT

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:3745c9b0.16372804@lugnet.com...
On Fri, 21 May 1999 18:45:22 GMT, "John VanZwieten"
<john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> wrote:

I'm on it.  I've got the serated edges finished, which I will shortly post • to
cad.dat.parts for comments.  It was a challenge to decide just how to model
this one.  I wished I had a magnifying glass to really see the shape of the
teeth, but I don't, so I guessed.

Can you package the hinges so they can released as primitives?  I haven't
checked all the sets, but I can think of 5 different hinge-parts off the
top of my head.  I have the feeling there are one or two more ...

At least if the hinges are separate files, they can be subparts, if we
don't want to make them be primitives.

Steve

The 6 parts I know of:
30364 Hinge Brick 1X2 with tooth holder (horizontal)
30365 Hinge Brick 1X2 with teeth
30372 Windscreen 4X7 Angled w/ toothed hinges
30383 Hinge Plate 1X2 with tooth holder (vertical)
30407 Hinge Plate 1X6 w/ fins and toothed hinges
????? Hinge Brick 1X2 with tooth holder (vertical)

I was thinking of making them subfiles.  One problem is that they are used
somewhat differently in different places.  At least on the windscreen the hinge
extensions are tapered slightly while on other pieces they are straight (when
looking from above).

-John Van