 Star Wars / 1932
Re: R2-D2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 7 May 1999 00:04:36 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.starwars, radiotitan@spamcake.yahoo.com (Tom McDonald) writes:
I agree. Assuming they didn't make a new 2x2 round turntable piece or stick
a pin on top of his torso, they could have made a 2x2 round tile with a pin
sticking up. Hmm, well maybe not. It would add further height. There's
already a bit more space between the torso printing and the head printing
than I like.

It's really a shame how badly they ruined R2.  :-(

Oh, and IMHO they should've nixed the stud on top of his head too.  :-)
R2-D2 is the first LEGO piece I've ever felt that I wanted to take an X-Acto
knife to and fix.  :-)

Actually I've figured out that this headstud is used to help secure drinks
trays while serving on sail barges :)

-Tom McD.
when replying, have something to wash down that spamcake.