 Star Wars / 1879
Re: Minifig distribution
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 13:18:03 GMT

I noticed that too. I didn't mind the Jar Jars.. I think he looks kinda
cool! and I think this is a first for Lego.. to build a head that isn't
round at least in minfigs, I would like to see more head's made this
way. Granted it's a one use piece.. which most don't like, though in
this case I think it's different! I'm just waiting for the Yodi fig! and
maybe a Jaba?? and I do hope they make C3P0 soon! How much harder can it
be than a skeleton? and then we can take him apart and put him back
together after he gets in a little "accident" :) or R2 can find his
parts going down the conveyor line again!

nitpic's on R2D2.. 1 he's too big.. to tall.. 2 where are his wheels???
3 why didn't they make a round turntable for his head to spin? I'm
sorely tempted to cut the corners off a plate turntable to see if it
would work.. though then that would make him even taller :( Or.. if they
would have made the top flat we could have used some technic pins to
make it rotate.. one of those shorter ones from the propellers on the
Gungan Sub would have worked just fine. they just need to lose the studs
on his body.

I'm sure they play test these toys... I wish they'd ask some of us to do
that sometime!!!!!  of course if they do.. they probably use employee's
kids...

Well that's enough for now.. back to building! I still have a couple of
sets left.. Building the Gungan Sub to early has slowed me down, I knew
I should have left that one for last!!!

Tamy

Lorbaat wrote:

You know, this didn't occur to me until tonight, while I was cleaning up my
room a bit, but:

The distribution of minifigs in the Episode I sets took a steep decline from
the Classic Trilogy sets.  Sure, there were four sets with Luke, but only in
two did he sport the same gear.  And there was not a single other duplicate
minifig.  I'm not counting the two Scout Troopers or the Rebel Pilots- they're
all different "characters".

However, in the Episode I sets, we get 4 Qui-Gons, 3 Jar Jars, and 3 Anakins-
all in the same outfits.  What's more annoying, though, is that even with all
that duplication, Obi-Wan (and his brown hood) appear in one set- and a fairly
large one, at that.

What happened?

eric