 Star Wars / 1877
1876  |  1878
Subject:
Minifig distribution
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 11:52:37 GMT

You know, this didn't occur to me until tonight, while I was cleaning up my
room a bit, but:

The distribution of minifigs in the Episode I sets took a steep decline from
the Classic Trilogy sets.  Sure, there were four sets with Luke, but only in
two did he sport the same gear.  And there was not a single other duplicate
minifig.  I'm not counting the two Scout Troopers or the Rebel Pilots- they're
all different "characters".

However, in the Episode I sets, we get 4 Qui-Gons, 3 Jar Jars, and 3 Anakins-
all in the same outfits.  What's more annoying, though, is that even with all
that duplication, Obi-Wan (and his brown hood) appear in one set- and a fairly
large one, at that.

What happened?

eric