 Star Wars / 1877
  Minifig distribution

You know, this didn't occur to me until tonight, while I was cleaning up my room a bit, but: The distribution of minifigs in the Episode I sets took a steep decline from the Classic Trilogy sets. Sure, there were four sets with Luke, but only in two (...) (25 years ago, 5-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Minifig distribution

I noticed that too. I didn't mind the Jar Jars.. I think he looks kinda cool! and I think this is a first for Lego.. to build a head that isn't round at least in minfigs, I would like to see more head's made this way. Granted it's a one use piece.. (...) (25 years ago, 5-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Minifig distribution

(...) I think Jar Jar in different colors would be cool. He could have friends. (...) I wonder how wide that minifig head will be? (...) Ooo I like the technic pin idea. That would have been really cool. But you really couldn't cut the corners off (...) (25 years ago, 5-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Minifig distribution

(...) But designing the R2 body to accept the 2x2 turntable top-part should have been doable. Oops, wait; the pin from the turntable top would probably collide with the Technic-pegs from the leg pieces. Well, that shouldn't have been an unsolvable (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Minifig distribution

(...) I agree. Assuming they didn't make a new 2x2 round turntable piece or stick a pin on top of his torso, they could have made a 2x2 round tile with a pin sticking up. Hmm, well maybe not. It would add further height. There's already a bit more (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: R2-D2

(...) <snipped impressive ascii art> That's it. You hit the head design that I was thinking of. Odd that for the sake of playability TLG opted not to include a rotating head. (...) Better yet, they could have left the stud, and moved it to one side (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  R2-D2

(...) It's really a shame how badly they ruined R2. :-( I wish they would've just made the bottom of the head and the top of the body both perfectly flat (no studs at all) but with Technic peg holes. Then you just connect the head to the body using (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: R2-D2

(...) R2 looks like he's wearing a neck brace. The band of white around the bottom perimiter of his head -- it shouldn't be there. The printing on his head should go all the way down to the bottom of the hemisphere and nearly touch the body parts. (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: R2-D2

Yep. That's what I've been saying: could be better, could be worse. But then again, it could be better. -Tom McD. when replying, spraypaint the spamcake. (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: R2-D2

(...) Actually I've figured out that this headstud is used to help secure drinks trays while serving on sail barges :) -Tom McD. when replying, have something to wash down that spamcake. (25 years ago, 7-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: R2-D2

(...) As I said, trying to stick a technic peg into the R2 body would interfere with the leg pegs. So your diagram on the left is/was more likely than the one on the right, or my added illustration of your idea of using a separate technic peg. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 7-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Minifig distribution

(...) Hmm. The 1x2 footprint is too big in both dimensions. It should be more like .75x1.5, aligned with the inside of the current feet. So the footprints would be something like: -- | | | | -- (...) I'd like to see more kinds of droids (the pit (...) (25 years ago, 7-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Minifig distribution

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message > >>Oh, and I'm looking forward to seeing the head and body parts used in other (...) about 7 (...) My kids immediately turned R2 into a cannon. Sort of reminds me of the big mortars used in (...) (25 years ago, 7-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: R2-D2

I don't see why people are picking on R2's graphics, I think that they are very realistic. The only thing that is really bad about him is that he's way to tall(and wide). Well at least if you call him actual size, then Anakin could definately be (...) (25 years ago, 7-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: R2-D2

Oh, yeh. Look at that. Well it still looks pretty good IMO. Ryan "Build or build not. There is no try." - Lego Master Yoda ***...*** REPLY SEPARATOR ***...*** (...) (25 years ago, 7-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Minifig distribution

Steve Bliss wrote [regarding Lego R2 Unit]: (...) If you look at the legs' technic-peg ends, they're *friction* pegs--thus making them wonderful candidates for use as landing gear! I now have two R2 units, and will attempt such a conversion soon as (...) (25 years ago, 8-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)