 Star Wars / 16567
Re: Original Star Wars trilogy on DVD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 05:39:17 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:
   Do I need 20 digital skeletons instead of the hand-animated seven in Harryhausen’s Jason and the Argonauts? That is the one scene that inspired most of the special effects people working today.

Hello skeleton!

Harryhausen had this special friend along in his briefcase when he came to Stony Brook! Spreading the inspiration one more time.

Ray held to cast models that were as realistic as possible and painstakingly posed. He didn’t like “puppet” models much less digital images.

Ray’s early work, Mother Goose Tales, has been completed recently by fans and released. You may have seen part of it on TV; it has been around for 50 years.