 Star Wars / 16566
Re: Original Star Wars trilogy on DVD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 04:00:56 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Allan Bedford wrote:

<snip>

I haven't cared for a number of "special editions" or Director's Indecisions
Specials.  Try and figure out what in the world is going on in Blade Runner if
you haven't seen the orginal with Ford's voice-over

I agree.  I like the voice-over version.  I know why the studio wanted it.

If you want more on that film, be sure to read the book.  It will reassure you
that reality is a very slippery illusion.  :)

<snip>

Allan B.

In my mind, the only 'directors version' that was by far superior than the
original (besides the mentioned LOTR--but again was planned from the get go as
pointed out)

was..

(wait for it...)

The Abyss

Boy I still love that movie.

Ahh, tink I'll go see what Lindsay's doing right now...

Dave K
-"G*d I hate that b----!"  "probably shouldn't have married her, then..."