 Star Wars / 12857
Re: Jawa Sandcrawler '02
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 18:42:17 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Joel Kuester writes:
Heyas,

Its been a while!  I built my last Star Wars MOC over 2 years ago!

I was recently asked to submit one of my models for the big convention next
month, but since all my stuff has been taken apart for a while, I offered to
re-make a model... specifically I have been wanting to rebuild the Jawa
Sandcrawler.

When I built the first one, brown bricks and plates were nearly impossible
to get at all, much less in the quantities needed to build such a large
vehicle!  I built it in red bricks, and while it was good for the time
(1998?)  It had some clear shortcomings.

I have been working on this model pretty seriously for the last 3 days,
finishing it last night with the figs and droids:

   Wow.  Wow.  Wow.  That's incredible.  Your first Sandcrawler was
   excellent, but this one...this one even far exceeds the TLC proto-
   type we saw wayyy back in 1999--you know, the one that was made
   with an unlimited brick supply.  I'd much rather have yours!

   Absolutely magnificent.  I'm not sure what else I can say that
   hasn't been said--I love the droids, the Jawas are excellent,
   and the color balance is spot on.  Kudos!

   LFB