 Star Wars / 12867
Re: Jawa Sandcrawler '02
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 06:03:29 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jason Spears writes:
Jumpin' Jiminie Crickets!  From a first glance this is dead on.  No wait, after
looking closer it is still right on.

thanks!

The mixed bricks to give it that worn feel is great.

after I got my Yoda and saw the tone of the dark orange bricks, the first
thing I thought was 'rust' that is a great new color!  I seriously thought
of rebuilding the Sandcrawler then and there, but I just didn't have a good
reason to fit into my schedule at that time.

I should say thanks to Tim Saupe from FBTB for requesting a model for his
convention display, that's the only reason I built this MOC.

All the little droids are peculiar to say the least. That red
one is most unique.

yeah, that one is not from Star Wars.  I just wanted to toss in a couple of
oddities for fun.  Truth be told, once I started making droids, I didn't
want to stop  :)

Question - Are the Jawa's eyes painted on, or are those little bits of yellow
tape?

They are small bits of yellow paper taped to the minifig heads.

Also any chance we could get a few better pictures of the interior?

perhaps when I take it apart.  This is probably one of my last MOCs, so it
will hopefully be together for a while.  I'd like to take it to Brickfest
this summer.

It is a little dark to see much detail.

that's actually because of the camera's shortcomings.  In person, you can
see the interior pretty well.

cheers!
Joel K