 Star Wars / 11870
Re: Pics up for the RBR and Maul at S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 00:28:01 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jason Spears writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Mike Petrucelli writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Mike Petrucelli writes:
Could someone explain to me how a mostly grey ship with red engines becomes
a mostly white model with orange engines?  Don't get me wrong I think that
is one of the best Lego sets ever.  As a RBR it is kind of gaff due to the
color scheme though.

Maybe orange is cheaper?  I don't know, but I guess it doesn't bother me so
much.

Or they think that the orange is better because it is brighter

I'm with LFB on the Red-vs-Orange.

As for Gray-vs-White, I think the RBR is a white spaceship that got dirty.
But Lego models don't do very well 'dirty', so they modeled a pristine ship.

Well in the movie for whatever reason it is grey.  How does a ship get 'dirty'
in space? Magnetic space dust?

Well in the case of the RBR maybe they flew thru a meterior storm.  And in the
case of the X-Wings, they can go astomospheric, so all sorts of alien dust
would cover them.  Plus, both ships could recieve all sorts of dings, scratches
and scorch marks from both battle and docking.

Then again, I was ticked off when TLC released a *gray* X-Wing.  Since I
knew that X-Wings were white ships that were worn and dirty in the movies...

Well the way I look at it, they were grey in the movies therefore they should
be grey in the model.

I would prefer grey too, but only because I like grey better.  Not because of
the movie references.

Like I stated I think the model is one of the best Lego sets ever, but the
color scheme bugs me.  It should also be noted that they are advertising it
specificaly as the Rebel Blockade Runner, not as a Correllian Corvette.
Therefore the whole pristine new ship makes no sense as the RBR was obviously
not such.

-Mike Petrucelli

However just because they are advertising it as a Rebel Blockade Runner,
doesn't mean it is the Tantive IV.  Which is the only one we saw.   (Or was
it?  There might have been another in the attack on either Death Star, I would
have to go watch the movies again to be sure.)  But anyhow, I would be suprised
to find out that the only RBR they rebellion had was the Tantive IV.

I think it is the only one they have because it is an Imperial ship bcause
Leia claims that she is part of the Imperial senate

  Leia-- Darth Vader.  Only you cuold be so bold.  The Imperial Senate will
not sit still for this.  When they here you've attacked a diplomatic-

  Vader-- Don't act so suprised, Your Highness. You weren't on any mercy
mission this time.  Several transmissions were beamed to this ship by Rebel
spies. I want to know what happened to the plans they sent you.

  Leia-- I don't know what you are talking about.  I'm amember of the
Imperial Senate on a Diplomatic mission to Alderaan...

  Vader-- You are a part of the Rebel Alliance...and a traitor.  Take her away!

     I don't think that Leia would say this if she was not on an Imperial
ship, so I think it is the only one they have because it is truly an
Imperial ship.
                        --Kevin W. §