 Star Wars / 11860
Re: Pics up for the RBR and Maul at S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 03:05:14 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Mike Petrucelli writes:
Could someone explain to me how a mostly grey ship with red engines becomes a
mostly white model with orange engines?  Don't get me wrong I think that is • one
of the best Lego sets ever.  As a RBR it is kind of gaff due to the
color scheme though.

I'm with LFB on the Red-vs-Orange.

As for Gray-vs-White, I think the RBR is a white spaceship that got dirty.
But Lego models don't do very well 'dirty', so they modeled a pristine ship.

Well in the movie for whatever reason it is grey.  How does a ship get 'dirty'
in space? Magnetic space dust?

Then again, I was ticked off when TLC released a *gray* X-Wing.  Since I
knew that X-Wings were white ships that were worn and dirty in the movies...

Well the way I look at it, they were grey in the movies therefore they should
be grey in the model.

Like I stated I think the model is one of the best Lego sets ever, but the
color scheme bugs me.  It should also be noted that they are advertising it
specificaly as the Rebel Blockade Runner, not as a Correllian Corvette.
Therefore the whole pristine new ship makes no sense as the RBR was obviously
not such.

-Mike Petrucelli