 Star Wars / 10486
Re: Who else wants an AT-AT?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 19:45:06 GMT

Anyhow, I usually go by
lego man height rather than width (lego men ought to look ata a strict
diet...lol...) to determine scale.

Again, true. I usually go by 7mm = 1 minifig scale foot (1 stud = 8mm).
That's based on an average height of 6 feet and a minifig actual height
being around 42mm (depending on any neck gear and hair style/hat-- also
girls with 2x2x2 slope dresses are a bit taller).

I'm not sure that the average minifig would be six feet tall.  The women should
be a bit shorter than the men (they wear shoes with high heels under the
dresses, most likely), let's say that their average is 5 and a half feet tall.
There are juvenile minifigs like Timmy and Anakin, they should be about 4 to 5
feet tall. I think the average height for adult humans is about 5'6, but
since most minifigs are male the LEGO average could be a few inches higher
than that.  Watto is oversize in LEGO, and Chewbacca is a bit undersized.  7mm
= 1 foot makes the dinosaurs much smaller than their fossil
counterparts--actual Pteranodons had up to 26 foot wingspans--but they do live
on an island and island animals are sometimes smaller.  My conclusion: LEGO
scale changes depending on who is interacting with the model. Therefore, it is
really hard to make anything to scale.