 Space / 9904
Re: Star Trek: Enterprise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 01:31:29 GMT

In lugnet.space, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.space, Kevin Zwicker writes:
I too hope that the new series will show First Contact with the Klingons.
Unfortunately, I don't think it will happen. According to The Star Trek
Chronology, First Contact with the Klingon Empire "happened" in 2218. The
new series is set around 2151. More likely, it will depict Humanity's first
contact with the Romulans (The Earth-Romulan War started around 2156) and
the role it played in establishing the UFP in 2161.

According to the pilot episode script reviews I've seen on-line, the pilot
involves bringing a Klingon pilot, shot down over the American mid-west,
back to his home planet. Does this screw with the established timeline?
Probably...see the other posts for more ideas on that.

Matt

I have not seen that particular article, thanks for the info :-)

I was hoping Enterprise wouldn't be "Voyageuresque" in the sense that they
have one specific mission for the whole series. Hopefully, it will only be
for a few episodes...

If humanity knows about Klingons so early, it definitely screws up the
timeline. This isn't Babylon 5 after all... ;-)

Well, at least we know from Picard in TNG that First Contact with the
Klingon Empire was "disastrous" so that should be good.

KZ