 Space / 9892
Re: Star Trek: Enterprise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 02:16:30 GMT

In lugnet.space, Rick Hallman writes:
Maybe I am being nitpicky, but has ANYONE noticed that looks ODDLEY like a
First Contact ship? AKA the Akira-Class.

The S.S. Enterprise...
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbirch9969/enter2.htm

The U.S.S. Thunderchild, AKIRA-Class starship first seen in Star Trek: First
Contact...
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/akira-cgi.jpg

Coinicdence or blunder?

I'd call it lack of planning/imagination.

We all know that the overall shape of the ships has to be
nacelle-body-nacelle for the warp field technology to work, so SOME
crossover is inevitable. But I had thought that the ship would look a bit
more...I don't know...ramshackle? Not so...current? Ya' know? I think it
woud have been really balls-y of them to make something a bit more like the
1701...bright white, smooth, less detail. I wonder if they have an
explaination for it...they would probably say that the detail on the 1701
WAS there all along, and we just couldn't see it.

Matt