 Space / 9057
Re: Docking system
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 18:47:13 GMT

In lugnet.space, William R. Ward writes:

I put together some mock-ups of my ideas for a docking ring.  You can
view them at this URL:
http://www.wards.net/~bill/lego/space/docking/

Feedback is welcome...

--Bill.

Well I am coming into this a week late but...

I really like those docking rings. I personally would probably only use
"female" ports and just stick pegs in when ships actually dock.  That would
eliminate the Gender specifics but still allow all angles of docking.  As for
the doors swinging inward.  Duh, why didn't I think of that?! That is a great
idea when one doesn't have the surface area to make them sliding.

-Mike Petrucelli