 Space / 8944
Re: Docking system
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 02:44:31 GMT

    Sorry.  I shoulda' been more specific... The last two pics on the page
have labels of 'Two "wall" doors docking'  and 'The "wall" and "floor" doors
docking' and they're swapped when you look at the photos.

    As for the pegs burning off...  "You mean they don't retract in flight
?"  : )

PS. I really do like what you came up with.  Nice job.

"William R Ward" <bill@wards.net> wrote in message
The penalties you pay for that are too great - the "male" pegs would
burn off during re-entry on a surface-to-orbit craft, and the
limitation of orientations is too high a cost for me.  I really don't
think it's a problem - you don't have two shuttles docking together
nearly as much as you have a shuttle and a station or a parasite
fighter and a mothership...