 Space / 8957
Re: Docking system
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 06:28:25 GMT

bill@wards.net (William R Ward) wrote in
news:m27kz114kk.fsf@komodo.bayview.com:

"Zac Soden" <zac_soden@hotmail.com> writes:
In lugnet.space, Tim Courtney writes:
My only suggestion is to find a way that there are neither 'male' or
'female' units...so they're totally universal -- if you have two of
one type, you don't have to find an adapter to dock the vessels...

I agree with Tim on that one and also add another complication; if a
docking ring is going to be holding two ships together, it will need
more than 4 connector pegs between the rings. There will need to be
additional linkage structure either at the ring or at othre parts of
the ships.

I don't think that's necessarily so.  One could just pretend that
Technic pegs are really really strong.  Unless you're talking about
two huge ships, there wouldn't be enough strain to really worry about,
IMO.

--Bill.

two huge ships would never get that close together. they would use shuttles
and transporters(i wish)

--
Daniel Staudt <dstaudt@hotmail.com>
Lugnet NUT #872