 Space / 8984
Re: Docking system
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 07:15:41 GMT

"Xanthra47" <jmantor@nycap.rr.com> wrote in news:GE4LLK.3nC@lugnet.com:

Newsgroups: lugnet.space
From: "Zac Soden" <zac_soden@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Docking system
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 19:28:20 GMT

In lugnet.space, William R. Ward writes:
dstaudt@hotmail.com (Daniel Staudt) writes:
bill@wards.net (William R Ward) wrote:
two huge ships would never get that close together. they would use
shuttles and transporters(i wish)

Yes, exactly... that much mass means it would be too difficult to
maneuver.  It's a lot easier to have a shuttle go back & forth.  Plus,
it gives us more opportunity to play at docking & undocking, and we
get to design the shuttles! :-)

--Bill.

Good point; I never thought of that. So all we are really going to be
docking is the shuttles, *if* the ship doesn't have a hanger bay. But
as argued before, shuttle docking rings will be small.

two words: cargo shuttles.

make them as big as you want. they're like cargo container ships

Anyways, this way you get to design shuttles AND docking rings :)

ZaC

--
Daniel Staudt <dstaudt@hotmail.com>
Lugnet NUT #872