 Space / 8370
8369  |  8371
Subject:
Now THIS is classic space!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 00:29:49 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Finished at last - a new MOC and my entry for Paul Hartzog's non-violent space
contest:

United Earth Space Force Rocketship X-74 "Pathfinder"

Pictures on Brickshelf (& hopefully more in the next day or two):

The Pathfinder is designed for long voyages of exploration within our solar
system. She features working and living space for a crew of six.

Thanks, and LMKWYT!

- Paul

______

Construction note:

I have nowhere near enough gray bricks (or any other color for that matter) to
build this ship the way I wanted to. My wife - who was horrified at the prospect
of me buying all those gray bricks - suggested that since I was planning to have
the photos be black and white anyhow, it didn't really matter what color it was
built in. Blue, red, green... they all look the same when converted to
grayscale.

So I built it in a hodge-podge of colors. In real life, it looks ghastly - but
the photos turned out OK. Valid construction technique, or heresy?