 Space / 8453
Re: Now THIS is classic space!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 05:59:19 GMT

Paul,

I'm sure I won't be the last to say that you did a wonderful job on the ship
model. This is the type of building I aspire to.

I don't know if you were going to be displaying the model to the public, but
I had a brainstorm I thought I would share with you on the chance you are
keepinng this model together (and you'd BETTER be keeping it together
judging from all the great compliments you've gotten!).

Best case scenario: Get a 1950's television set case, gut the innards (of
course, make sure the model will fit in it first). Hot glue a sheet of clear
acyrlic tinted smoke grey into the bezel. Place the model on crater plates
into the casing. Create a moon landing scene and print it out large format.
Place it behind the model in the case. Run some sort of lighting into the
top of the case. When viewed from the front, viola! A campy 10950's sci-fi
adventure!

Variations: Build that TV case yourself from LEGO! Barring that, go to a
plastics manufacturer or hobby shop (http://www.hobbystores.com/) and get a
smoke tinted clear acyrlic case to put the model in, with the baseplates
lights and background.

Just an idea!

Matt