 Space / 8391
Re: Now THIS is classic space!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 19:22:58 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Hanson writes:
So I built it in a hodge-podge of colors. In real life, it looks ghastly - but
the photos turned out OK. Valid construction technique, or heresy?

No more so than rendering in LDraw or something similar.

And Flash Gordon would be proud! (Ya know, I think we're going to start
seeing more 'rainbow warriors' with greyscaled photos, since it worked so
well here).

A suggestion (not a criticism), because I think your photos turned out great
(well, slightly clearer would be nice... but I'm a lousy photographer, so
who am I to speak) but you might want to use the greyscaling to your
advantage: obviously, yellow would show up as a pale grey whereas red and
blue might show up similar to the dark grey; I think there would be a
difference of shades between greyscaled colours that perhaps you could use
to your advantage to create smoother greyscale gradients. Just a thought.

Mark W.