 Space / 8434
Re: Now THIS is classic space!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 23:06:30 GMT

In lugnet.space, Greg Howell writes:
Not only do I absolutly love this ship, (I half expect Marvin the Martian to
be in there somewhere) but I really like the real color scheme. Rather than
accept the fact that you were going to go black and white, you made a very
consious effort to place the bricks harmoniously. I really like the red and
blue other-worldly camoflage look. I think we take our world for granted.
Another world may have a different gas make up leading to our eye seeing
reflected light as different colors. I have tried this in some of my
creations. The point I'm getting at is this, Just because you can't go out
and get a boat load of 'acceptable' grey colored brick does not mean that
rainbow is bad, or less attractive. I really like this design and I think
it's actually better in color. Kudos, for a great design and the effort you
made to work around your color issues.
It really doesn't get better than this.

I don't know that I'd go so far as to say it's better in color, it's just...
different. I did really make an effort to choose colors of similar vales and
to keep the pattern as random as possible - I'm glad you appreciate it. And
you make some interesting points about alternative color schemes - hmmmm...
There's more than one way to get around a lack of bricks.

Just make sure to get Lt. Muffinhead out to scrape off and Fleebnorks, those
things are brutal to atomic engines!

You heard the man, Lieutenant - get to work :-)

GREG~

Who used to DREAM of being a Space Ranger!

I still do!

Thanks - Paul