 Space / 8371
Re: Big ship teaser
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 00:38:18 GMT

I understand their importance (the big black guns) to the look and function,
too.  But if the complaint that the big guns don't fit well with the look
continues to be an ongoing theme, maybe something can be done to improve the
final look.  I think the guns should stay for sure, but maybe a more fluid
transition along the hull from the grey to black would help.

Right now the grey hull is rounded at the front (very nice, Kyle!), and the
black guns extend straight forward and out.  So, a smoother transition with
some plate pieces on the end of the black guns that attach to the main hull
would streamline the transition.  Also, adding grey lines along the lop and
bottom of each "side" of each heavy gun would help avoid the stark color
difference.  I had to go through this with my constitution class destroyer
back when everyone gave me tips on how the look could be improved. By trying
some of the tips out, I really liked the final result better with the
suggested mods.  The difference here is:  both parts already look great.
It's the transition between the two that could be improved.  Doing so would
have a final, synergistic affect, don't you think?  Also, some panel detail
along the guns would add to the "greeble" or "coolness" effect that is
already present in the rest of the hull, IMO.

VERY WELL DONE, Kyle, overall.  I really like this MOC.  I still want to see
the interior detail shots very much!

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.

In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner writes:
That's quite a beauty, and the image is very well cropped.  It looks great
in front of the planet.  I love what you did with all the canopies.

But jeez, man- what's up with the ugly black things poking off the front?*

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com

* Just kidding- I actually think they look good.  It would probably look
pretty darn goofy if you dropped them.  I just had to put that comment in
because everyone else was whining about 'em.

In lugnet.space, Kyle Keppler writes:
Here's a little teaser pic of my unnamed ship:
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=41339

I should be done with pics within a week, any suggestions for making the pic
better or nameing it would be great!

Thanks!

--Kyle
http://hvl.cjb.net