 Space / 8282
Re: Keppler Industries update: C-562 Modular Cargo Sytem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 15:26:50 GMT

I really like the lines of the space module. The other nice thing is you
can build a few of these inline and just toss one drive module on the back and
one command module on the front, from the looks of it.

Yep, you could have 100 cargo modules connected end to end, and put a
command module in the front and an engine in the back.

Interested in publishing specs for your module? Knowing where the connections
have to be to make everything work would be useful, and other people could
build them. I'm personally thinking that a "framework" module needs to be
designed so that one can haul cargo that doesn't care about a vaccuum; no use
in hauling those walls around if you don't need to... I don't know that
anyone will build modules, but it can't hurt...

Ok, I'll try to describe it, and if I remember I'll take some pics later
today...Ok, each cargo module has a 16x32 baseplate as the bottom. Some
slopes on the long sides help disrupt the 90 degree angles. On the second
row, on top of the slopes, on each end of each wall, is a 1x2 technic brick.
Then it's just bricks stacked for 8 and 2/3 brick heights. Then another
layer of slopes do the same thing as before. The top is covered by plates to
make a 16x32 'roof'. On the top, in the center is one 2 wide line of plates.
On top of that is a bunch of techinc bricks pointed outward. On the top of
the tecnic bricks is another line of plates for stability.

I think, though, I would change the truck modules. With a cargo module in
place, it works well. Without one in place, the two together, they work
well. But how do you go from one to the other? Each module could use a
caster wheel or something in the back that you can extend so they don't
have to balance to move around.

Hmm, I hadn't really thought of that! But um, they have a magnetic
attraction that forces them to connect as soon as they disconnect from the
cargo module. ;-P

Oh, and that's one helluva engine if it can push that brick to 280 mph on
the ground with the weight it must have, particularly with the gearing a
truck needs to get heavy loads moving. :)

Yep! You don't think land technology incresed in 100 years? It has :-P

--Kyle
http://hvl.cjb.net