 Space / 8275
Re: Keppler Industries update: C-562 Modular Cargo Sytem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 18:00:17 GMT

In article <GBBt2w.Eq2@lugnet.com>, Kyle Keppler <kyle@kylekeppler.com> wrote:
I have added a new model to my Keppler Industreis site.  It's the C-562
Modular Cargo System under the Civilian section. There's 4 pages for this
new model, so dont miss em. (I went a little shutter happy when taking the
pics, there are 74 of them.)

I really like the lines of the space module. The other nice thing is you
can build a few of these inline and just toss one drive module on the back and
one command module on the front, from the looks of it.

Interested in publishing specs for your module? Knowing where the connections
have to be to make everything work would be useful, and other people could
build them. I'm personally thinking that a "framework" module needs to be
designed so that one can haul cargo that doesn't care about a vaccuum; no use
in hauling those walls around if you don't need to... I don't know that
anyone will build modules, but it can't hurt...

I think, though, I would change the truck modules. With a cargo module in
place, it works well. Without one in place, the two together, they work
well. But how do you go from one to the other? Each module could use a
caster wheel or something in the back that you can extend so they don't
have to balance to move around.

Oh, and that's one helluva engine if it can push that brick to 280 mph on
the ground with the weight it must have, particularly with the gearing a
truck needs to get heavy loads moving. :)

-JDF
--
J.D. Forinash                                     ,-.
foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu                            ( <