 Space / 8328
Re: Keppler Industries update: C-562 Modular Cargo Sytem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 19:20:31 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch writes:

"Joel Jacobsen" <jacobsen@oar.net> wrote in message

Did you get any inspiration (heaven knows there weren't any other • redeeming
qualities to it) from the movie Space Truckers?  They used a system *kind*
of like that. Sadly it was one of Dennis Hopper's worse movies. Right up
there with Water World. ugh. :)

Pah! It was heaps better than Waterworld!!! Though not necessarily a good
movie, Space Truckers is in the better 30% of B-grade movies (despite having
a suspiciously A-grade appearance budget-wise), and has some things that
die-hard space freaks like us should definitely check out. And Dennis Hopper
sucks in almost every movie he's in anyway (except I haven't seen "Blue
Velvet" - d'oh!).

I dunno about that... but.. it had some good ideas.. they just didn't spend
enough money in the right areas of the movie.. if they'd gotten rid of the
stupid pirate guy and his.. ahem.. issues... and spent the SFX money on a
better plot, things would have been tolerable. ;)

And "Space Truckers" has Charles Dance playing an "evil" pirate captain!
What more could anyone want in a cast. (Apart from Bill Paxton.)    ;-)
Hmmm, actually I seem to recall that pirate spaceship was kinda cool...
MOC, anyone?

See above. ;) I'd say the funniest part was when the guy from Cheers got
sucked through the space station porthole after momentarily 'plugging' it. I
almost laughed at that. I did like the trucks though. The cyborg things were
even tolerable.. but what was .with. that stupid garage door opener zappy
thing to stop them. That was just... bad. :)

Joel J