 Space / 7951
Re: Hyperion is complete
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 03:34:33 GMT

In lugnet.space, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

<snip>

  Hyperion is in one of my favourite shapes, the vertical ovoid.

Wow, well put, thanks, i was afraid with the vertical size of it that, that
the shape would be overlooked.

  It almost brings to mind a sunfish, which makes me wonder if
  enormous, but thin, dorsal and ventral "fins" might not look really
  cool at some point, to help balance the immensely detailed main
  body of the ship.  And those windows!  Egad, I'd be very self-
  conscious about changing clothes in there.  ;)  But they really
  do lighten the look and feel of the hull and make it one of the
  most remarkable big ship MOCs I've seen, and I've been around a
  good long while.  (Cue the theme of the "Crimson Permanent
  Assurance...")  It must have some pretty good lighting on the
  interior, just from those windows.

  That picture on the first page is really, really cool.  The
  pixellation of the hull slope really improves the feel--ships
  that size can use pixellation to their advantage, and I think
  this one is an especially good case.

Thanks, i really like the use of the pixellation technique, i like the
repetitive building of it (lots of time spent building without too much
thinking :)

  And the second page into
  the "wandering tour"--is that a fire extinguisher on the left?
  :)  It's nice to see that your ship is OSHA compliant.  But do
  you have an eye-wash on the hangar deck? ;)  I got stuck on
  trying to get into level two, though--is there a trick to
  using the elevator or stairs?

Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone but i forgot to put the rest of the fire
extinguishers in on the other levels.   oops yea fergot the eye wash too,
err um wait thats what the big hose is for... yea  :)

Click on the side of the elevators to step off... and if u get a picture
looking down there's a sweet spot by the door (sometimes hard to tell where
that is tho)... so try movin the mouse around the picture to see where it
changes shape.

I had built pages for the exterior pics, the gallery and construction pics
but ran out of room on my isp.  Basically the tour pics take up almost all
my isp's space so the rest of the pics are on brickshelf.  The pics on
brickshelf are rather small as they were intended to fit in a frame.

  Ack.  Well, it's time to upgrade!  :)  (Can you tell I'm
  impatient and demanding?)

(1) I wanted to get it working on all browsers (my usual goal), but i'm
pooped and barely got this completed as is.  So i apologize.

  No apologies necessary--great job!
  best

  Lindsay

Thanks very much.