 Space / 7913
Re: Hyperion is complete
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 06:37:58 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jason E. Baker writes:
Our newest addition to the fleet has been completed.

Please take a look at it's Unclassified Databank.

It's I.E. 5 only (sorry non i.e. browsers (1)).  This is my first try at
(homemade) dynamic html and javascript. (Watch the back button)

Please take the tour.  There's at least 28 sections to go through (7 levels
x 4 sections) and many branches off each.  It's easy to get lost (i wish i
could've done better) but there's always a way out of each room. And have
faith that the elevator is there (even though it's not in the picture).

http://www.users.qwest.net/~jbaker4

I think i tried to overcompensate with the web site, for the lack of of an
interesting shape.  I wanted to go for more of a sleeker look but i think
the small exterior details look "bolted" on.

I had built pages for the exterior pics, the gallery and construction pics
but ran out of room on my isp.  Basically the tour pics take up almost all
my isp's space so the rest of the pics are on brickshelf.  The pics on
brickshelf are rather small as they were intended to fit in a frame.

Anyway i hope you enjoy it,
Jeb

(1) I wanted to get it working on all browsers (my usual goal), but i'm
pooped and barely got this completed as is.  So i apologize.

Standing ovation....

I am speechless.  Truly I am.  Jeb, you have outdone yourself, again!  :^O  WOW!

I personally would have prefered no fish eye lens, but I still saw a lot of
detail.  I really liked how you included the upper sub-light engines - and I
like how the beds in the med bay sort of double as "morgue" chambers.  I
don't know if you intended on doing that, but it's a neat effect the way
that they slide away into the wall!  :^)

The attention to every sub-system detail was very good.  I think that
interior detail-wise, this is the best yet for the nunber of details
included.  I also really liked how you ended up using the Star Wars droid
escapes as escape pods.  This was something that you did not have before the
new year - very well incorporated.  I like it!

The dropship and and additional vehicles were very interesting - I'd like to
hear more about them.  I liked the use of the Collector's X-wing cockpit
window for the dropship.

So...does this mean that its "off to the races" on the next big amazing
creation, or are you going to take a break for a while ?

WELL DONE!  I would seriously love to see this ship in person at a major
meet like brickfest, or something of that nature.

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.