 Space / 4549
Re: Space Denominations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 19:12:00 GMT

For my ideas, you can see them at http://www.gyugyi.com/l3g0/darksun/

Basically, guys with smiley faces are "Trons".  These include the
Futurons (Think Star Trek:NG), the classics (think Kirk & Scotty;
red = pilot, white = engineering, blue = science, black = intelligence,
yellow = diplomat), Blacktron (think Babylon 5 Psi Corp),
the M-trons (innocent Mechanics doing road construction),
and the B-trons (innocent Business people,
falsely named Blacktron II as cover for the real Blacktrons).
They form the Tron Overloard Goverment, a sort of 1984-ish Roman Empire.

Guys with facial hair and cyborg implants are the GnuTron Commonwealth,
a radical hippie fringe transendentalist rebellion government.
(Think of a mixture of Scandenavia and Gibson's Chiba City).
They consist of Unitron, Space Police II (who are rebels from
TOG's millitary), Ice Planet, & Roboforce.

Other elements in the universe are Spyrius, only recently emerging
from its isolation in the black hole cloud, the free-trader
Explorians who will soon awaken the Slizers, and the Insectoid
and U.F.O. alien races that show up in bars now and then.

-gyug

In lugnet.space, Greg Majewski writes:
I don't know why, but this has been on my mind for a while. What do you
think that each denomination or subtheme of the now dead Space theme was?
Here are my ideas: