 Space / 40272
Re: Stereograms of my Space and Vignette MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.vignette
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2006 19:05:44 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeffery MacEachern wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Ley Ward wrote:

   i want to see pics done with a minifig sclae gap - wouldn’t it be neat to see a MOC at their own scale?

Joe

Yeah - I think that would be cool, but I wouldn’t know exactly how to do it.

Place the camera on a track and move the camera a tiny fraction (the minifig eye gap) and take two pics.

   This thread brought up the use of vignettes for stereograms, which is another really neat possibilty.

Looking forward to your pix!

Joe
Do be honest, that was just a coincidence - I just knew that that vig was somewhat popular, so I decided to make a stereogram of it. Ley, I like yours - I saw it a while back, but before now, I hadn’t seen any sterograms for ages, and so I didn’t notice that that was one. Good job!

Agreed - I remember seeing this a while ago!

The great thing about a vignette is that an observer can literally get into a scene doing this- imagine being the same size as a minifg looking at a vignette - it wouldbe an artificial environment.

   It’s nice to see others working in the stereogram field. You may have missed this: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/whateverly/New-work/Vignettes/Jumper/jumper01.jpg http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/8165 Also here. Jeffery, do you have a special lense arrangement for viewing? I find that for just using my eyes, your pictures are reversed left for right. I can see them fine with my eyes when I swap the images.
I haven’t had any problems, although no one else I’ve showed them to has been able to do them. Maybe my eyes are reversed left for right :) - although that’s how LDView created them. Does anyone else with LDView 3.0 want to check that out?

People see stereographs different ways - I am one of thse people tat can do parallel view (basically staring past the object to force the eyes to align parallel for distance sight). Most can do cross-eyed, but I can’t.

Joe

Jeffery MacEachern
BS: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Jaem
MOCPages: http://mocpages.com/home.php/3584