 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2635
Re: Stereograms of my Space and Vignette MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2006 00:57:13 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jeffery MacEachern wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Timothy Gould wrote:
   Hi Jeffery,
Man - no one spells it right, even when it’s right in front of them! Don’t worry about it. :)

Sorry about that. I still read it the wrong way around... shows how much things are imprinted in our brains.

--SNIP--

   Could you get me a sample file with the stereo section(s) marked? (either e-mailed, or posted on BS)

For anyone interested this is the code. You need to get the include file from here

// Stereo setup

#include "stereocam.inc"
#declare dist=1300;
camera {
/* First value is +1 for right, -1 for left, 0 for central
  Second value is eye distance
  Third is a screen width of 800LDU at a distance dist LDU
  Fourth is the distance from eye to camera
*/
       WWStereoCam(+1,14,GetViewAngle(dist,800),dist)
// Translate away from the model (centered at about <0,0,0>)
       translate -dist*z
// Rotate to standard LDraw frame (-y as up)
       rotate 180*x
       rotate 90*y

// Rotate and translate as desired
       translate 0*y-200*x
       rotate 30*y
}

   Also, do you know of any good POV-Ray tutorials? I’ve been a coder for 6 or 7 years now, so the POV-Ray SDL shouldn’t be too hard, but there’s a lot to learn when you’re getting started.

Sorry. I don’t remember ever finding one that was particularly good.

Tim