 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2634
2633  |  2635
Subject:
Clear textures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 16:38:34 GMT

Hi,

I alwasy thought that the clear “lugnet” textures were too clear. So I tried to render the following train:

With lugnet colors, it looks like this:

You see the problem: The clear parts look too clear. How can I change that? When I changed the F and T values of the color it looked quite cloudy. That’s not what I wanted:

I used F=0.7 and T=0.15.

Then I messed around with the reflection values. With the following reflection, it looked quite good:

reflection { 0.1,0.2 falloff 0.1 exponent 1 }

With the fresnel keyword added, it looked even better:

Compare:

reflection { 0.1,0.2 falloff 0.1 exponent 1 fresnel on }

But I don’t think the problem is a reflection problem, it’s rather a refraction problem.
What do you think? Do the clear lugnet colors need some changes? What can I do to improve them?

Leg Godt-
Sven