 Space / 40260
Re: Stereograms of my Space and Vignette MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.vignette
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2006 17:13:56 GMT

In lugnet.space, David Eaton wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Joe Meno wrote:
   Cool! Another recommendation would be to make these parallel-view stereograms - those can viewed through a stereoscope, or by a person who stares past the art...the eyes need to be parallel.

True, it’s usually nice to have both. It’s too bad that you lose so much detail with most parallel views, though, since most people’s eyes don’t diverge beyond a certain distance.

   Thanks! I’ve been wondering when someone would be doing this!

I think Todd did these long ago-- he actually is the one who encouraged me to do some for my AT-AT. It’s an unadvertised tidbit, but if you look all the way down the my AT-AT page, you’ll see two sets of images side by side (one set from the side, one set from the front) that are stereograms (both parallax rather than parallel tho):

http://www.suave.net/~dave/atat.cgi

DaveE

I’ll need to take a look at these tonight - whatis potentially neat about stereograms is that the scalee can be manipulated by changing the distance between cameras - the wider the gap the smaller the scale.

i want to see pics done with a minifig sclae gap - wouldn’t it be neat to see a MOC at their own scale?

Joe