 CAD / 13790
Re: Stereograms of my Space and Vignette MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2006 00:09:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Timothy Gould wrote:
   Hi Jeffery,
Man - no one spells it right, even when it’s right in front of them! Don’t worry about it. :)

I was just trying to render it in 3D such that it would look right if the viewer was a minifig standing on the ground plane. I’m not sure you could replicate it in LDView as it used non-orthogonal cameras. It is based on the include file from here (which also gives some of the theory) and I used POVray for the rendering.

POVray is probably the most powerful free tool for doing this sort of thing and, as the link shows, has a lot of experts working on stuff for it. If you want to do more Lego CAD I recommend learning it as it lets you make some really excellent images with some good include files and practise.

Tim

I have POV-Ray v3.6, but to be honest, I haven’t spent much time using it - I get LPub to do it for me. I should learn it. Could you get me a sample file with the stereo section(s) marked? (either e-mailed, or posted on BS) Also, do you know of any good POV-Ray tutorials? I’ve been a coder for 6 or 7 years now, so the POV-Ray SDL shouldn’t be too hard, but there’s a lot to learn when you’re getting started.

Jeffery MacEachern
BS: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Jaem
MOCPages: http://mocpages.com/home.php/3584
Blog: http://bricksnbytes.blogspot.com