 Space / 40279
Re: Stereograms of my Space and Vignette MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.vignette
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2006 22:49:21 GMT

In lugnet.space, Aaron M. Sneary wrote:
   Without my glasses I basically see in parallel. So these come very easy to me.
I suppose that’s the proverbial “silver lining” :) Can you see them clearly w/o your glasses, though?
   One thing I’ve noticed, the small amount of white space between the photos makes the stereogram clearer (but requires more true-parallel viewing than those closer together). • Interesting... I think it’s the use of a background, but the sense of depth is better portrayed in Dave’s and Ley’s photos than Jeff’s renders. I could also be some attribute of renders vs. photos.
I think you’re right about the BG - because it gives the space depth, as opposed to just the model; it makes it look more like you’re seeing something normally than just an object popping out. I’ll try making some renders with a background/floor, and see how it works - let me know once I do.

Jeffery MacEachern
BS: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Jaem
MOCPages: http://mocpages.com/home.php/3584
Blog: http://bricksnbytes.blogspot.com