 Space / 38068
Re: O.S.S. Pastier
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 21:21:44 GMT

In lugnet.space, Adrian Drake wrote:
In lugnet.space, Nick Kappatos wrote:

SNIP

Adrian probably has more knowledge on this than me - his Tribunal has a crew of
over 40, but I think some of that is nepotism & internships, like the guy who
fixes the exercise equipment on Deck 4 and the Captain's nephew who brings
coffee from the galley.

Hahaha!

Ironically enough, I was going to post almost the exact same stuff you said
earlier today, but got distracted and wandered off to like, work and stuff.

Anyway, the Tribunal does indeed have a crew of 49, but it's a crapton bigger
than the Pastier.  My crew breakdown is thus:

The bridge and reactors are staffed around the clock.  All other roles are
nonredundant.

1 captain
1 first officer
12 bridge crew (2 each of Comm, navigation, external sensors, pilot, copilot,
ship systems)
1 chief engineer
1 doctor
4 reactor engineers
1 probe mechanic
1 dropship pilot/dropship mechanic
1 janitor
1 cook
1 hydroponics engineer
2 antigrav system engineer
1 machine shop guy
1 chief scientist
10 scientists (it is a research and exploration ship, after all)
6 research technicians, 1 for each deck 5 lab
2 ship mechanics
1 captain's lackey (yes, the coffee-fetching nephew)
2 people who just sort of hang around.  We're not sure what they do.  Maybe
they're EB spies.  Or concubines.

Everybody but the captain does half-day hotbunking.  He gets his own cabin and
comes and goes as he pleases.

Well-detailed, Adrian. This should be helpful to future SHIP & Moonbase
builders.

Although, if *I* was the first officer, and I had to hotbunk with the janitor, I
would probably ace the captain and dump his corpse in the hydroponics chamber,
and move my Garbage Pail Kids collection into my new private cabin.