 Space / 36364
Re: "new" stuff for the Galactic Inqusition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 23:58:38 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kenn Oldham wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Daniel Rubin wrote:
   Ok, so if you were at Brickfest, neither of these is new. What we have here are a medium assault mech and an attack fighter for the Galactic Inqusition. Each of these took about a day to build, and got put together just before Brickfest, to make the Inquisition into a theme, rather than just a ship.

Oh, and I’m doin the whole MOCpages thing now.

Paladin Mech Rapier Figher

I’m not sure I like the Paladin. The body seems too clunky, though it has a good medievel feel, and the head is frightening (fantastic use of the printed piece).

The Rapier looks great. I love the use of ladders as engine vents, and may have to steal the idea. The guns are also very cool. I’m surprised at how well the gray/tan combination works. Neat stuff.

Kenn

THanks for your comments Kenn. I was deffinately going for a medievel feel on the Paladin. I agree that the body could use some work, though, I think it looks decent in the mindset of medievel european armor, as opposed to the more common asian styles in mecha. And thanks about the head.

I’ll try and get a few pics of the bottom of the Rapier sometime soon. There’s alot of SNOT in that model, but I wanted the bottom to be smooth, though, it’s actually a little too smooth.

The gray and tan do look good together... the old gray.

thanks -Dan Rubin