 Space / 36375
Re: "new" stuff for the Galactic Inqusition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:08:27 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Daniel Rubin wrote:
   Ok, so if you were at Brickfest, neither of these is new. What we have here are a medium assault mech and an attack fighter for the Galactic Inqusition. Each of these took about a day to build, and got put together just before Brickfest, to make the Inquisition into a theme, rather than just a ship.

Oh, and I’m doin the whole MOCpages thing now.

Paladin Mech Rapier Figher

Hi Daniel, I like the Rapier, very nicely modelled indeed, especially the nacelles. The Paladin is also well modelled but a bit too oddly proportioned, those short stubby legs make him look a bit comical!

I also think it’d be a great idea if you chose some more exciting names for your next GI MOCs. A lot of people don’t seem to put enough effort into that - but I think it’s an important part of the creative process (and also helps draw people in to see the MOC in the first place).

Cheers,

Thanks for all your comments. What are you thinking about in terms of names? I’ve been trying to keep the names either biblicly or medieval linked, or in the case of the paladin, both. That’s why I named the Sword of Michael the way I did. I am currently working on a small base, which is the monastery (it doesn’t feel like a base deserves a unique name. ALso working on a carrier, which is tentatively named Gabriel’s Trumpet or the Voice of the Metatron, or something like that. Is that the sort of name you’ve got in mind, or something else? I feel like the whole acronym thing going on in PCS doesn’t work here, and I’m not sure what other direction to go. Speaking of drawing people in, I probably should use linked pictures, those seem more likely to draw folks in.

Dan Rubin